The Raw Food Guru's Exposed

I AM ALL I AM

Re: The Raw Food Guru's Exposed

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » November 6th, 2010, 12:09 am

I LOVE YOU

G'day Infinitely Expressed. :wave (TH)

That video is a great addition with the one from the OP. Wolfe is such a salesman ... and I use that term in a derogatory manner, as in someone trying to convince you that shit-on-a-stick is a good meal. (W)

THANK YOU

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS,
YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.

What is TRUTH ? . . . .THAT THE ONENESS IS ALL !!!
What is JOY ? . . . . . .ALL THAT THE ONENESS IS !!!
What is LOVE ? . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT IS ALL !!!
What is LIFE ? . . . . . ALL THAT IS THE ONENESS !!!
WHO AM I ? . . . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT ALL IS !!!

A'ro

Unread post by A'ro » November 17th, 2010, 7:36 pm

With regards to the above raw cocao discussion:

70% of World's Raw Chocolate Soon To Be Genetically Modified

With the intention of flooding 70% of the global cocoa supply with genetically modified (GMO) cocoa tree hybrids, a collaboration involving Mars, USDA and IBM is accelerating this process.
With primary funding from US chocolate producer Mars, the partnership includes scientists based at the Agricultural Research Service (ARS) of the US Department of Agriculture and Science as well as researchers working at IBM’s Thomas J Watson Research Center.

The scientists are determined to finalize gene sequencing of the cocoa genome which they say will "benefit" the chocolate industry and cocoa growers in West Africa where 70 percent of the world's cocoa is produced, and in other tropical zones.

According to the global head of plant science and research at the confectionery firm, Howard-Yana Shapiro, the sequence is of great importance.

"As plant breeders, we're always looking after the golden traits: pest and disease resistant, drought tolerance, the ability to adapt to climate change, tree architecture, yield quality, etc," said Dr Shapiro.

The researchers including ARS based molecular biologist David Kuhn and geneticist Raymond Schnell said that they released the findings of sequencing into the public domain in order to assist scientists to begin applying the findings immediately.

The results have been published on the Cacao Genome Database website.

The researchers state that it also means that cocoa will no longer be the ‘orphan crop’ compared to corn wheat and rice in terms of focused breeding research.

Consumption

Although cocoa is largely produced in developing countries, it is mostly consumed in industrialized countries. For cocoa, the buyers in the consuming countries are the processors and the chocolate manufacturers. A few multinational companies dominate both processing and chocolate manufacturing.

The United States, Germany and France make up more than half of the world's cocoa consumption with the United States by far the largest consumer. Consequently, should the effects of genetically modified cocoa result in unintended health effects or consequences to consumers, the US population will be the first to exhibit those effects on a mass scale

More here @BASTARDS

:sean

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that concerns me,
but all the rabbit shit you have to wade through on your way down.

Infinitely Expressed

Unread post by Infinitely Expressed » November 18th, 2010, 1:34 am

Hmmm, yet cocoa has been growing for thousands of years without human interference. Bastards indeed.

What an easy way to get GMO food into a vast bulk of the food supply; so many people eat chocolate.

Thanks for the info Lyd (TU)
Last edited by Infinitely Expressed on November 18th, 2010, 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

YOU ARE A MIRACLE

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » November 18th, 2010, 1:38 am

I LOVE YOU

G'day Lydia. :wave (TH)

If they're telling us about it, they've probably already done it. :sean

In relationship to David Wolfe pushing "raw chocolate", how much does he know about it ?

Is he a tool of the "few multinational companies" that "dominate both processing and chocolate manufacturing" ?

Personally, I think he and some others are cointelpro operatives.

THANK YOU

Infinitely Expressed

Unread post by Infinitely Expressed » November 18th, 2010, 1:53 am

Personally, I think he and some others are cointelpro operatives.

Wolfe popularised raw cacao, Monsanto are now associated with his former company Sunfood's and now this.
Could be an operative or a stooge... well his vids show that he is a stooge anyway :D

Bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

YOU ARE A MIRACLE

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » November 18th, 2010, 10:49 am

I LOVE YOU

G'day Infinitely Expressed. :wave (TH)

Would that mean that Cousens and Monarch are the other two stooges ? :D

THANK YOU

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » November 18th, 2010, 11:24 am

I LOVE YOU

Gabriel Cousens

Gabriel Cousens M.D.'s Tree of Life Foundation:

The Tree of Life Foundation, founded in 1993 by Rabbi Gabriel Cousens, M.D., M.D.(H), D.D. (Doctor of Divinity), Diplomat American Board of Holistic Medicine, Diplomate in Ayurveda, is a 501(c)3 charitable, non-profit, humanitarian, religious service organization focused on raising funds for the education of healthy & vital living through the promotion of a living foods diet and spiritual practice as a way of life. The purpose of the Tree of Life Foundation is to participate in the healing and the transformation of the planet and to activate the pre-conditions for whole person enlightenment in as many people as possible. We serve to educate people of all faiths, religions, and spiritual paths in what it means to live a quality of life that is healing on all levels. The Tree of Life Foundation, which accepts donations, is dedicated to charitable work including training peace workers and creating and sustaining projects to bring healthy, economically and ecologically sustainable living to people in need around the world. Dr. Cousens has found this to be the most powerful way to support the world in the transition to the Culture of Life.

Recognized as a world-class leader and referred to by the New York Times as a “fasting guru”, Gabriel Cousens, M.D. offers expertise and support in spiritual juice fasting and detoxification, live-food nutrition, spiritual living, sustainable living, and authentic and purposeful living through a variety of programs. This includes our global peace initiatives and Culture of Life Community.

The Living Modern Essene Way, which is a path of liberation that goes beyond egocentric or ethnocentric to a world and cosmic-centric view, is an important nonsectarian unifying cornerstone of the Tree of Life Foundation. The Foundation is fulfilling the deep yearning of all to live a quality of life outlined in the Sevenfold Peace: peace with the body, mind, family, humanity, culture, ecology, and God.

The Tree of Life Foundation is actively involved in establishing and operating a number of humanitarian and health projects in the United States and around the world. All of our projects are designed for whole person enlightenment and the healing of the planet. Presently there are a number of projects in which we are actively engaged.

continued at ... http://www.treeoflife.nu/who-we-are/tol-foundation/

Page 1

DR. GABRIEL COUSENS

In 1998, Charles Levy, 57, booked a flight to Arizona. Levy, an insurance agent, told his family he was in good health and planned to visit the Tree of Life Spa for a time of rejuvenation with a homeopathic doctor.

He looked forward to the live organic vegan diet and spiritual rest described by Dr. Gabriel Cousens, whose Web site promotes him as an M.D. and M.D.h.

Cousens is not eligible for an M.D. license in Arizona because his license was once taken away (but reinstated) in California and remains censured in New York. According to Arizona Medical Board spokesman Roger Downey, that makes a doctor ineligible for an Arizona medical license. If Cousens were a D.O., he would be eligible. But he's not. He's been practicing here as a homeopath for 15 years.

According to court records from a civil suit filed by Levy's family, Levy showed up at Cousens' secluded campus in the green hills of Patagonia, Arizona. He was hoping for a time of physical and spiritual rest. Cousens told him that injections of cow adrenaline and/or sheep DNA could energize his body. Levy agreed to five injections, which aren't a homeopathic treatment but are allowed by Arizona's homeopathic board.

Unfortunately, the injection site — on Levy's right buttock — grew infected, so he went to see Cousens about it. Cousens didn't recommend an antibiotic. Instead, he treated the growing abscess with acupuncture and massage.

The infected area became green and black. It spread down Levy's thigh, and on March 1, 1998, Levy did not wake up in his dorm room at the Tree of Life Spa. Cousens found Levy unconscious and attempted CPR, with no success.

Cousens did not call 911. Instead, he called an air ambulance, and arranged for a helicopter pickup on the football field of a nearby high school.

Cousens and a nurse carried Levy — draped in a bathrobe, bleeding from his mouth and groin — to a car and drove him five minutes to the field.

A Patagonia police officer was driving by the school when he saw Cousens and a number of spa guests gathered around an unclothed body lying on the grass.

Levy's buttock and thigh were black and swollen. His eyes were wide open. He was dead. After the helicopter took the body, Dr. Cousens told the officer that he'd injected Levy with sheep DNA. Later, Cousens contradicted his statement, saying the injection was actually cow hormones.

Whether the injection was cow or sheep didn't matter to Santa Cruz County Medical Examiner Dr. Cynthia Porterfield. She examined Levy's body and ruled that the injection and subsequent infection killed him. Specifically, she found that Levy died from Clostridium perfringens, a bacteria that grows in gas gangrene. During the Civil War, that bacteria claimed thousands of soldiers' lives when it grew in their battle wounds. Modern antibiotics can kill the bacteria easily when used.

"I spoke with him the day before. The next day, I got a phone call that he was gone," Levy's son, Howard, says. "I pretty much haven't recovered since. He was not on any medication, didn't have high blood pressure, or a weight problem. He could go out and run three miles on the boardwalk."

Levy filed a lawsuit against Cousens, and Cousens paid an undisclosed amount to settle the suit after the medical examiner pinned the death directly on him.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-04- ... -states/3/

Page 2

The osteopathic medical board also examined the autopsy and ruled that the medical examiner was right to name the injection and infection as the causes of death.

But when Cousens' dead patient came up before the homeopathic board in 2001, the board dismissed the complaint — despite the medical examiner's findings.

The board ruled that, though a patient did die, the doctor did not violate any laws of homeopathic medicine.

In his October 11, 2000 court deposition, board member Dr. Garry Gordon says he served as the board's lead investigator into Cousens, but he also worked as an expert witness for Cousens in court.

Because the homeopathic board dismissed the complaint, the medical board in California — where Cousens holds his M.D. — has no way of knowing Cousens injected a patient with animal hormones. It has no way of knowing he treated a growing infection with acupuncture or that a county medical examiner named his treatment as the causes of a patient's death.

The Arizona board has since destroyed audio records from that meeting (technically, it did so legally).

"I think it's a travesty that he's still practicing in Arizona," Howard Levy says from his home in New York. "Those people who are allowing this to continue to happen are just as guilty. The simple fact that he can continue to practice medicine in any way, shape, or form shows that the system is failing the general public."

Today, Cousens still practices at his spa in Patagonia. He says he has "28 cubic feet of scientific literature" that disprove the medical examiner. He says Levy died of an extremely rare syndrome that strikes suddenly and kills in hours. Cousens also says Levy was sick when he arrived at the spa and had the gas gangrene infection long before his cow adrenaline injections.

"Dr. Porterfield, the pathologist, really was neglectful," says Cousens, who also says he thinks he would have won the case in court. (He says his insurance company forced him to settle.) "I believe that if we were in front of the medical board, they would have cleared me just as well."

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-04- ... -states/4/

Creating Peace By Being Peace: The Sevenfold Essene Path is the eighth book from Rebbe Gabriel Cousens and is another book of good intentions that just didn’t end up appealing to where I am. The book portrays itself as part history, part spiritual guidance, but the author’s intentional choice to not cite documentation of his “facts,’ defending his choice by stating that “the ideas are more important than the supported ‘hard-fact’ evidence,” causes the whole book to become suspect, particularly since Cousens attempts to use God and the Essene culture to push vegetarianism on the reader. His message of peace is most certainly valid, but his constant speaking in the third person and beginning each chapter with pictures of himself looking beatific smacks of vanity in the most irritating sense of the word.

http://www.elephantjournal.com/2008/11/ ... l-cousens/

THANK YOU

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » November 18th, 2010, 12:46 pm

I LOVE YOU

G'day. :wave (TH)

Here's something I just came across that Gabriel Cousens has promoted ... which is bullshit ...

Gabriel Cousens M.D. explains that the minimal need for B12 is about 6 micrograms (mcg) per day and that we lose about 3 mcg per day. Furthermore, he adds that 80 percent of children, adult vegans and live-food practitioners become B12 deficient after six to ten years without B12 supplementation (Cousens pg. 285).

http://windseason.com/health/womens-hea ... -know.html

... as can be seen from the thread, The B12 Myth ...

All of the Vitamin B12 in the world ultimately comes from bacteria. Neither plants nor animals can synthesize it. But plants can be contaminated with B12 when they come in contact with soil bacteria that produce it. Animal foods are rich in B12 only because animals eat foods that are contaminated with it or because bacteria living in an animal's intestines make it.
-- From The Vegetarian Way: Total Health for You and Your Family (1996), Virginia Messina, MPH, RD, & Mark Messina, PhD p. 102

http://www.pamrotella.com/health/b12.html

http://www.infiniteloveforum.com/viewto ... f=8&t=2398

... and I know that it is bullshit from personal experience ... 11 years without any B12 supplementation.

(TF) Gabriel Cousens.

THANK YOU

Ciggy

Unread post by Ciggy » November 18th, 2010, 2:09 pm

When I start my chocolate business (Chocolatlantis), the best way forward will be for me to visit my South American supplier at the plantation, inspect the processes, inspect everything, and make sure no GMO is being used and that they're keeping it all raw.

Trust no one.

Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there.

A'ro

Unread post by A'ro » November 20th, 2010, 7:16 am

As for Chocoalantis packaging, have you thought about wrapping a couple of Coca Leaves around the cocao for that Inca elite panache?

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that concerns me,
but all the rabbit shit you have to wade through on your way down.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic