Raw Animal Foods

Harmony for mind and body !!!
CitrusHigh

Re: Raw Animal Foods

Unread post by CitrusHigh » June 2nd, 2011, 5:22 pm

I AM ALL I AM wrote:
I LOVE YOU

G'day CitrusHigh. :wave (TH)

A correction to what I earlier posted ... it is the carnivore that has the shorter intestinal tract.

Meat is in a state of degeneration as soon as the host is 'killed', whether it is later cooked or not. Why put something in your physicality that is putrefying ?

Is your physicality designed to eat meat ?

Meat-eaters: have claws

Herbivores: no claws

Humans: no claws

Meat-eaters: have no skin pores and perspire through the tongue

Herbivores: perspire through skin pores

Humans: perspire through skin pores

Meat-eaters: have sharp front teeth for tearing, with no flat molar teeth for grinding

Herbivores: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Humans: no sharp front teeth, but flat rear molars for grinding

Meat-eaters: have intestinal tract that is only 3 times their body length so that rapidly decaying meat can pass through quickly

Herbivores: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Humans: have intestinal tract 10-12 times their body length.

Meat-eaters: have strong hydrochloric acid in stomach to digest meat

Herbivores: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Humans: have stomach acid that is 20 times weaker than that of a meat-eater

Meat-eaters: salivary glands in mouth not needed to pre-digest grains and fruits.

Herbivores: well-developed salivary glands which are necessary to pre-digest grains and fruits

Humans: well-developed salivary glands, which are necessary to pre-digest, grains and fruits

Meat-eaters: have acid saliva with no enzyme ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Herbivores: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Humans: have alkaline saliva with ptyalin to pre-digest grains

Based on a chart by A.D. Andrews, Fit Food for Men, (Chicago: American Hygiene Society, 1970)

http://www.celestialhealing.net/physicalveg3.htm

Personally, I think that there is a lot of cherry picking full stop. This doesn't detract from the points that are made though.

Have you heard of the Aquatic Ape theory ?
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2609

So who says that we evolved from hunter gatherers ?

Would that be scientists ?

And some would state that no one should advocate raw animal foods at all.

Why should anyone's diet consist of meat at all, whether raw or cooked ?

Others advocate not cooking food above a certain temperature. Some promote fermented foods. Some are fruitarians. Some eat seasonally. Some eat from 'signs in nature' specifically to nourish parts of the physicality that the foods correspond with.

Actually, it isn't my article. It's by by Joel Fuhrman MD, as noted at the beginning of the article.

It IS evidence, whether you like to think so or not.

The Weston A. Price Foundation (WAPF), co-founded in 1999 by Sally Fallon (Morell) and nutritionist Mary G. Enig (PhD), is a U.S. 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to "restoring nutrient-dense foods to the American diet through education, research and activism."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weston_A._Price_Foundation

The Weston A Price Foundation is a non-profit organisation ... in other words, it has ties to the Rockefeller Foundation. The Rockefeller's are also the ones that set up the modern medical system and the institutions that teach and train medical practitioners.

Weston A Price didn't even set up the Foundation, food activists Sally Fallon and Mary G. Enig did.

It's a-okay, nothing you could do could insult me, only I can do that to me. (W)

Simply because the predominant (mainstream) medicine is "pretty much bunk", doesn't mean that it is ALL "pretty much bunk". I prefer not to throw the baby out with the bathwater and will assess each piece of information on its own merits, no matter where it comes from.

Really ?!?!?

I cook food, yet I haven't been sick for well over the twelve years that I have avoided eating animal products. Am I an exception to your rule ?

There most definitely is cures available for cancer. You might like to check some of them out that have been posted on this forum, they are in the CANCER sub-forum ...

viewforum.php?f=85

... you can even watch one cure that I've uploaded at this link ...

One Answer To Cancer
http://www.megavideo.com/?d=C39P1TLX

... though there are others available in the CANCER sub-forum as well. (TU)

Do you consider sitting in front of a computer and typing to be a part of "mutant lifestyles" ?

How about living in a house, driving a motor vehicle, or using public transport ?

Considering that the China Study (the largest nutritional study ever done - 10,000+ people) shows that animal protein 'turns on' cancer cells, why would I believe these people ?

Do they have verifiable documented evidence to present ?

Or is it all unverifiable personal testimonials ?

THANK YOU

Sorry, I don't yet know how to reply to each indvidual part and I'm kind in a hurry so I'm going to do my best to address each of your points from down here.

Your author completely ignores the highly specialized set of stomachs (2-4 of them) that ruminants have, and that we don't. They also have almost 60,000 times more enzymes than we have to digest cellulose, to obtain the fat and proteins in plant matter.
- Also our digestive tract is 2.5 times shorter than most herbivores. Veggie fiber passes through an herbivore's system in about 48hrs compared to the 24 hrs it takes to pass through us. This is due to our shorter digestive tract and the lack of the multiple stomachs (we don't chew cud). Enter cooking, but I believe cooking to be unnatural, which is why we're not born breathing fire. (though that would be totally farking awesome!)

We also don't have gizzards to grind seeds like birds do, and our teeth really aren't that great at it, and even then, we wouldn't be able to utilize those raw seeds because they contain antinutrients and enzyme inhibitors that sap minerals and inhibit digestion and utilization of the nutrients. Sprouted grains fall under the vegetable category.

Our digestive tract is similar to frugivores, but eating a diet mainly of fruit, for most people will lead to teeth falling out, hyperactivity and a rollercoaster of energy and crashes. Unlike frugivores, we have a mainly acidic digestive system. Unlike carnivores we don't produce as much acid in the stomach, but we do produce the same amount of acid over our entire digestive system. Accomodating proper digestion of raw meat over the length of our longer-than-carnivores digestive tract.

Ok, now I'm out of time, will have to come back and continue this later, but thanks for the discussion! And thanks for the PM in detail re sacred geometry, I can't wait to learn more about it, thank you thank you!

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » June 3rd, 2011, 9:04 am

I LOVE YOU

To wrap quote tags around each part that you'd like to individually respond to ...

Code: Select all

[quote="Forum ID"]text[/quote]

... either type in the above around the text (obviously using the individuals fourm ID (W) ), or you can copy and paste text into a heap of the tags that you've already set up, or you can copy and paste quote tags from the post already quoted and slot it in where appropriate. Whichever you find easiest and works for you. (TU)

A quick note on the dietary factor of primates ...

We studied the western lowland gorilla diet as a possible model for human nutrient requirements with implications for colonic function. Gorillas in the Central African Republic were identified as consuming over 200 species and varieties of plants and 100 species and varieties of fruit. Thirty-one of the most commonly consumed foods were collected and dried locally before shipping for macronutrient and fiber analysis. The mean macronutrient concentrations were (mean ± SD, g/100 g dry basis) fat 0.5 ± 0.4, protein 11.8 ± 8.2, available carbohydrate 7.7 ± 6.3 and dietary fiber 74.0 ± 12.9. Assuming that the macronutrient profile of these foods was reflective of the whole gorilla diet and that dietary fiber contributed 6.28 kJ/g (1.5 kcal/g), then the gorilla diet would provide 810 kJ (194 kcal) metabolizable energy per 100 g dry weight. The macronutrient profile of this diet would be as follows: 2.5% energy as fat, 24.3% protein, 15.8% available carbohydrate, with potentially 57.3% of metabolizable energy from short-chain fatty acids (SCFA) derived from colonic fermentation of fiber. Gorillas would therefore obtain considerable energy through fiber fermentation. We suggest that humans also evolved consuming similar high foliage, high fiber diets, which were low in fat and dietary cholesterol. The macronutrient and fiber profile of the gorilla diet is one in which the colon is likely to play a major role in overall nutrition. Both the nutrient and fiber components of such a diet and the functional capacity of the hominoid colon may have important dietary implications for contemporary human health.

Full article can be read here.....
http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/127/10/2000

You are welcome for the PM. (TU)

There's another one in your PM box in response to your further queries. (W) :D

THANK YOU

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS,
YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.

What is TRUTH ? . . . .THAT THE ONENESS IS ALL !!!
What is JOY ? . . . . . .ALL THAT THE ONENESS IS !!!
What is LOVE ? . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT IS ALL !!!
What is LIFE ? . . . . . ALL THAT IS THE ONENESS !!!
WHO AM I ? . . . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT ALL IS !!!

CitrusHigh

Unread post by CitrusHigh » June 7th, 2011, 10:27 pm

hey IAM,

Are you suggesting via this study that we evolved from gorillas?

I checked in to the aqua apes theory and seems plausible but also plenty of holes in it.

As for your thriving on a vegetable diet, that is similar to your accusal of the rawpaleoforum, that it is a lot of unsubstantiated heresay. Also just because you haven't gotten sick, doesn't mean you're thriving, or that you're in good health. A true measure of that would be to examine your energy levels, mental health, vitamin and mineral levels, appearence, and of course, can't say until the end of your 'life' whether you had real health or not. Maybe you do right now, but shortly down the road a lack of some important vitamin like K, manifests as low bone density...or maybe not! All the above, of course applies to myself as well.

I can't ever think of a vegan I've met that wasn't pale, low energy, with some obvious sign of deficiency. But that is only people I've met in the flesh and I have not had extensive contact with such. I think I will start frequenting some of the vegan joints around town here though for better study. Besides, I like being around conscious people! You IAM, live in australia do you not? Which means you're probably getting a fair amount of sun which looks after your Vit. D levels, and you probably get a reasonable amount of vitamin A from plants, even if maybe it's not as easily used by the body as animals foods like liver(IMHO) but I'd like to know where you get your K from?

The only substantial source I can think of is natto, and if you're eating soy in large enough amounts to get your needed K, then you're probably damaging your thyroid in the process, , but perhaps not!

I'm still learning, and I'm certainly open to the fact that I'm wrong, I like keeping an empty cup, but so far I haven't seen any real convincing evidence, unless maybe I'm missing something and there really are people who thrive on totally vegetable diets. I should mention though, that if you're taking vitamin supplements to get all your vitamins and minerals, then that would disqualify your diet, because you absolutely should be able to get all that stuff through food, even with today's poor soil quality.

Cheers, more to follow!

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » June 8th, 2011, 4:59 am

I LOVE YOU

Firstly, no, no supplementation at all. I eat completely from the earth. That is, what grows from the earth.

Secondly, from what I've heard and read, raw meat diets are pushed by the meat and diary industry, who obviously have a vested interest in keeping individuals eating meat and diary.

There are plenty of vegetarian/vegan/raw vegan athletes that you can check out online. Some are full-on fanatics, others have a little more sense about them. Here's one guy I posted about back in 2007 on the DI f ...

Welcome. My name is Steve Holt and this is my bodybuilding site. I was born and raised in Canada, and I have been a vegetarian for 25 years. I began to seriously train as a bodybuilder some eight years ago, when I was well into my forties. I completed my first series of bodybuilding competitions during the year 2000.

Here I am, 52 years old, after the pre-judging at the CBBF Canadian World Qualifier August 5, 2006.

Steve Holt
Key Statistics:
Weight: 165 lbs competition, 190 lbs off-season.
History: Lifetime natural; 25 year lacto-ovo vegetarian.
Forearms 13"
Upper Arms 17"
Neck 16.5"
Chest 45"
Waist 32"
Thighs 25"
Calves 16"
Gym Affiliations: Extreme Fitness
League Affiliations: CBBF, OPA

Titles:
Aug/06 CBBF World Qualifier, 2nd Place, Open Welterweight
Aug/06 CBBF World Qualifier, 2nd Place, Grandmasters (age 50-59)
Jun/06 OPA National Qualifier, 2nd Place, Grandmasters (age 50-59)
Jul/04 CBBF World Qualifier, 3rd Place, Grandmasters (age 50-59)
Jul/04 OPA National Qualifier, 3rd Place, Masters (age 40-49)
Jul/04 OPA National Qualifier, 1st Place, Grandmasters (age 50-59)
Apr/00 ANBC Lion County Classic, 5th Place, Masters (age 35-45)
Mar/00 BAO Regional Championship, 3rd Place, Masters (age 40-49)

Come on in and visit. Perhaps you too are vegetarian, and looking to learn more about building the body. Or perhaps you're interested to see how one can build a competitive physique without meat, without fish, and without anabolic steroids.

Maybe you're skeptical. That's fine too. A healthy skepticism is always welcome, especially when accompanied by an open mind.

Here's what you'll find within this website: Lots of information, including exercise and diet tips, sample menus, published and unpublished articles, links, photos, and feature articles on others who have led the way as vegetarian bodybuilders, like the great Bill Pearl and Roy Hilligen.

http://vegetarianbodybuilder.com/index2.html

... which destroys the myth of vegetarians/vegans being pale and weak.

Then there's elite athletes, such as ten times Olympic gold medal winner Carl Lewis ...

Carl Lewis on Being Vegan

Excerpt from Carl Lewis’ introduction to Very Vegetarian,
by Jannequin Bennett

Can a world-class athlete get enough protein from a vegetarian diet to compete? I’ve found that a person does not need protein from meat to be a successful athlete. In fact, my best year of track competition was the first year I ate a vegan diet. Moreover, by continuing to eat a vegan diet, my weight is under control, I like the way I look. (I know that sounds vain, but all of us want to like the way we look.) I enjoy eating more, and I feel great. Here’s my story.

When I grew up in New Jersey, I always enjoyed eating vegetables and was influenced by my mother, who believed in the importance of a healthy diet even though we ate meat regularly because my father wanted it. At the University of Houston I ate meat and tried to control my weight the wrong way–by skipping meals. Frequently I would skip breakfast, eat a light lunch, and then have my fill at dinner–just before I went to bed. Not only is skipping meals the wrong way to diet, but the way I did it is the worst way because your body needs four hours to digest its food before you go to sleep.

In May of 1990 I decided to change the way I ate when I realized that controlling my weight by skipping meals was not good for me. Within the space of a few weeks, I met two men who changed my way of thinking and eating. The first was Jay Cordich, the Juice Man, whom I met at the Houston radio station where I worked in the early morning. He was there to talk about his juicer, which makes fresh juice from fruits and vegetables. He said that drinking at least sixteen ounces of freshly squeezed juice each day will increase a person’s energy, strengthen the immune system, and reduce the risk of disease. A few weeks later while doing publicity for a meet in Minneapolis, I met Dr. John McDougall, a medical doctor who teaches about the link between good nutrition and good health and was promoting his latest book. Dr. McDougall challenged me to make a commitment to eating a vegetarian diet and then to just do it.

I remember vividly making the decision in July of 1990 to become a vegan. I was competing in Europe and ate a meal of Spanish sausage on a Saturday and on the following Monday started eating vegan. The hardest thing for me was changing my eating habits from skipping meals to eating throughout the day–which is much healthier. I also missed salt and so substituted lemon juice for flavor.

In the spring of 1991 – eight months after beginning to eat vegan – I was feeling listless and thought I might need to add protein from meat to my diet. Dr. McDougall, however, explained that my listlessness was due to my needing more calories because I was training so many hours each day, not because I needed more animal-based protein. When I increased my calorie intake, I regained my energy. I was drinking 24 to 32 ounces of juice a day. I ate no dairy products. And I had my best year as an athlete ever!

You have total control over what you put in your body. No one can force you to eat what you don’t want to eat. I know that many people think that eating a vegetarian diet - and especially a vegan diet – will require sacrifice and denial. Jannequin Bennett demonstrates in this book that eating vegan does not have to be tasteless and boring. As she says, “vegan eating is a truly indulgent way of life, as vegans regularly partake of the very best foods that nature has to offer.” Here are recipes that will excite your taste buds. By the way, a few of my own recipes are included.

Keep in mind that eating vegan does require a commitment to being good to your body and to acting responsibly toward the world around you. Most of us are not aware of how much damage we do to our bodies and to our world by the way we eat. I challenge you to write down everything you eat and drink for one week. You will probably be amazed at the amount of snacks you eat, the different ways in which milk and cheese are a part of your diet, and–worst of all–how much fast food you consume.

Most snacks such as cookies, chips, candy, French fries, or soft drinks are highly processed foods that have lost many of their useful nutrients. Worse still, most of these foods are loaded with fat, salt, and chemicals. For instance, a 1.5-ounce bag of barbecue potato chips has the same number of calories as a medium baked potato, but 70 times the amount of fat and 20 times the amount of salt.

Cheese and other dairy products are loaded with artery-clogging saturated fat and cholesterol. Most cheeses get 70 to 80 percent of their calories from fat.

You have to be especially careful when you eat in fast food restaurants. As the consumption of unhealthy fast food has increased, so has obesity, which is now second only to smoking as a cause of death in the U.S. Eric Schlosser reported in Fast Food Nation that the rate of obesity among American children is twice as high today as it was twenty-five years ago. Moreover, it seems that wherever people eat unhealthy fast food, waistlines start to expand. Between 1984 and 1993, for instance, the number of fast food restaurants in Great Britain roughly doubled. And so did the obesity rate among adults. Overweight people were once a rarity in Japan. Fast food restaurants arrived there thirty years ago, and today one-third of all Japanese men in their thirties are overweight.

Your body is your temple. If you nourish it properly, it will be good to you and you will increase its longevity.

http://earthsave.org/lifestyle/carllewis.htm

... to name just a couple.

Yes, I reside in Australia (Port Macquaire to be precise), which means that I do indeed get plenty of sunshine, even throughout winter, so plenty of vitamin D. Vitamin K is found in many plant foods that I personally eat, such as spinach, kale, broccoli, onions, lettuce, parsley, cabbage, asparagus, celery, pea, etc, some of which comes directly from our garden. You can get everything that you require from plant foods and water, it's that simple. (TU)

As to the evolution thing, I'm still open about it all.

If you'd like to look into vegetarian/vegan lifestyle a bit more, I suggest watching Food Matters, Eating, Food Inc, which presents some great information. (TU)

THANK YOU

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS,
YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.

What is TRUTH ? . . . .THAT THE ONENESS IS ALL !!!
What is JOY ? . . . . . .ALL THAT THE ONENESS IS !!!
What is LOVE ? . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT IS ALL !!!
What is LIFE ? . . . . . ALL THAT IS THE ONENESS !!!
WHO AM I ? . . . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT ALL IS !!!

chandrakavi

Unread post by chandrakavi » August 21st, 2011, 6:36 pm

This is definetly what one should not eat, no matter how much they try to sell it to you through McDonalds, Coke and the like...its pure poison.
Attachments
burger.jpg
burger.jpg (29.79 KiB) Viewed 774 times

http://www.hernanvaldovinos.com
http://www.infiniteloveforum/index.php
"That is the nature of reality--everything is vibrating energy"--Khiwarrior

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ CLICKABLE LINK ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

CitrusHigh

Unread post by CitrusHigh » August 27th, 2011, 2:40 am

The whole point is pretty moot anyway, everyone has to eat for their own specific genes and lifestyle so everyone has to find out what is healthy for them on their own.

And I'd agree not to eat commercial meats for more reasons than I have time to list, but pastured and wildcrafted meats and dairy are a different matter all together both philosophically and physically.

chandrakavi

Unread post by chandrakavi » August 27th, 2011, 5:43 am

Attachments
front cover.jpg
front cover.jpg (49.76 KiB) Viewed 766 times

http://www.hernanvaldovinos.com
http://www.infiniteloveforum/index.php
"That is the nature of reality--everything is vibrating energy"--Khiwarrior

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ CLICKABLE LINK ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic