Recipe Trade?

Where the discussion is at !!!
frankiesoup

Recipe Trade?

Unread post by frankiesoup » August 26th, 2010, 9:30 am

I was wondering if anyone had some interesting recipe ideas that I could try out? I'm really into cooking, but I've exhausted my own books and have now got stuck in something of a rut. I'll eat most things, but always aim for seasonal :)

I've got some good recipes myself for things like muesli, corn tortillas, salsa, jams, and hedgerow produce etc - if anyone is interested? I try to make most things myself from scratch so I don't have to go into the supermarkets.

Anyway, let me know :)

:lovee

Beauty is beauty, in spite of perfection.

I AM ALL I AM

Re: Recipe Trade?

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » August 26th, 2010, 10:00 am

I LOVE YOU

G'day Frankiesoup. :wave (TH)

Here's a thread with a cookbook for free downloading that a couple of friends and I put together ...

http://www.infiniteloveforum.com/viewto ... f=8&t=1310 (TU) Enjoy !!!

THANK YOU

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS,
YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.

What is TRUTH ? . . . .THAT THE ONENESS IS ALL !!!
What is JOY ? . . . . . .ALL THAT THE ONENESS IS !!!
What is LOVE ? . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT IS ALL !!!
What is LIFE ? . . . . . ALL THAT IS THE ONENESS !!!
WHO AM I ? . . . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT ALL IS !!!

frankiesoup

Unread post by frankiesoup » August 26th, 2010, 10:14 am

Fantastic! Thanks a bunch! :D

I AM ALL I AM

Unread post by I AM ALL I AM » August 26th, 2010, 10:24 am

I LOVE YOU

G'day Frankiesoup. :wave (TH)

You are welcome.

There are a few changes we've made in it, such as the pastry for the apple pie, so we might have to get around to doing version II. (W) :D

Oh yeah, the tahini & poppy seed sauce goes awesome with rice. Simply mix it to the balance between both that you prefer ... it's delicious.

THANK YOU

WHEN PAIRED OPPOSITES DEFINE YOUR BELIEFS,
YOUR BELIEFS WILL IMPRISON YOU.

What is TRUTH ? . . . .THAT THE ONENESS IS ALL !!!
What is JOY ? . . . . . .ALL THAT THE ONENESS IS !!!
What is LOVE ? . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT IS ALL !!!
What is LIFE ? . . . . . ALL THAT IS THE ONENESS !!!
WHO AM I ? . . . . . . .THE ONENESS THAT ALL IS !!!

frankiesoup

Unread post by frankiesoup » August 26th, 2010, 10:59 am

Can't wait to get started - I love the sound of the bean dips.

My favourite recipe at the moment is one I picked up in Denmark for elderberry soup. If you have elderberries growing near you, it's definately worth trying. I've attempted a translation of a recipe below, but my Danish language skills are somewhat lacking these days so if you know someone who could do a better job, the link is http://www.dk-kogebogen.dk/opskrift2/vi ... hp?id=4426

1½ litres of water
1 kg fresh elderberries
2 apples
1 cinammon stick
2 whole cloves
100g sugar
The skin of one lemon

The recipe says to also add a thickener - i.e. 2 tbsp cornflower - but I think the natural pectin in the apples is enough.

Rinse the berries and remove them from the branch. Peel and slice the apple into wedges.
Boil the berries, water, spices and apples under a lid for 20 minutes.
Strain the juice off with a seive and boil this again, together with however much sugar you feel the soup needs.

My mother-in-law says she used to eat this as a child, dipping pears in instead of bread. Not only is it delicious, but it also uses up lots of fruit that would otherwise never be given a second-thought these days.

Ciggy

Unread post by Ciggy » August 26th, 2010, 1:16 pm

Do you have a good one for huckleberries?

Of course I'm out of my mind. It's dark and scary in there.

A'ro

Unread post by A'ro » August 26th, 2010, 1:55 pm

frankiesoup wrote:Can't wait to get started - I love the sound of the bean dips.

My favourite recipe at the moment is one I picked up in Denmark for elderberry soup. If you have elderberries growing near you, it's definately worth trying. I've attempted a translation of a recipe below, but my Danish language skills are somewhat lacking these days so if you know someone who could do a better job, the link is http://www.dk-kogebogen.dk/opskrift2/vi ... hp?id=4426

1½ litres of water
1 kg fresh elderberries
2 apples
1 cinammon stick
2 whole cloves
100g sugar
The skin of one lemon

The recipe says to also add a thickener - i.e. 2 tbsp cornflower - but I think the natural pectin in the apples is enough.

Rinse the berries and remove them from the branch. Peel and slice the apple into wedges.
Boil the berries, water, spices and apples under a lid for 20 minutes.
Strain the juice off with a seive and boil this again, together with however much sugar you feel the soup needs.

My mother-in-law says she used to eat this as a child, dipping pears in instead of bread. Not only is it delicious, but it also uses up lots of fruit that would otherwise never be given a second-thought these days.

My neighbour was talking about this recipe over the weekend, you're right about the pear dips..pretty sure she said her Danish Mother in Law used them instead of bread. Really looking forward to trying this out. Me neighbour also has a kickass recipe for beetroot chocolate cake, which contrary to the name was pretty damn good..will post it up when I catch up with her, unless you are my neighbour ?..sure sound like her from your other post in the free food section, if you're not then you have a twin living next door to me (Yey!)

EDIT: Just seen your excellent blog...Hello Neighbour!!! Haha (kiss) Great to see you around this neck of the cyberwoods, I'll leave you to unveil your awesome choco beetroot recipe :huj

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that concerns me,
but all the rabbit shit you have to wade through on your way down.

Ant

Unread post by Ant » August 26th, 2010, 2:48 pm

Homous and whatever else!

One of my all time favorites.

frankiesoup

Unread post by frankiesoup » August 26th, 2010, 10:46 pm

Hello Neighbour!!!

Howdy-hey from the opposite side of the Walnut Tree!

:D Will post the choccie beetroot cake recipe tomorrow - I found out that I forgot to add sugar in the one you tried... Will be baking another batch soon so will bring some round! :huj

A'ro

Unread post by A'ro » August 27th, 2010, 7:03 am

frankiesoup wrote:
Hello Neighbour!!!

Howdy-hey from the opposite side of the Walnut Tree!

:D Will post the choccie beetroot cake recipe tomorrow - I found out that I forgot to add sugar in the one you tried... Will be baking another batch soon so will bring some round! :huj

It still tasted good tho, unless your homemade cherry schnapps influenced my choco-beetroot cake perception hehe.
Beware the squirrels lobbing walnuts at human heads on the way over!! :D I swear theres some sort of squirrel rebellion happening, some sort of fight over nut territory due to missing out to the postwoman with last years batch. I'm up for concocting a walnut something after the move to veggie patch house too, better grab them before the noobie tennent arrives. Talking of which, I better start sorting out what to plant for the yule season..are you still up for a veg patch share? It's waaaaay to big for one person. Also I have to try out that nettle rememdy for the soil, it looks like it's taken a battering over the past two years..time to get out the plough and kiddo hehe. :huj

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that concerns me,
but all the rabbit shit you have to wade through on your way down.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic